* * * * THE MIKE DOUGLAS SHOW * * * *
* * * * PETULA’S CHRISTMAS PUDDING * * * *
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. cup + 2 tbs. light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup scaled milk
3/8 lb. beef suet, ground up
1½ cups seeded raisins (could use 2 cups
½ cup currants (small raisins) of either)
¼ cup candied orange peels
¼ cup candied lemon peels chopped
¼ cup candied citron
¼ cup cut up dates
½ cup chopped apples
¼ cup cognac, rum or cider
Add the milk and let it stand until cool.
2. Add the eggs and suet and mix it up.
mixture into a greased 2 quart mold. cover with lids or foil.
Stand it on a rack in an inch of water with tight cover and
steam it 5 or 6 hours. Add more if necessary.
4. Serve with sweetened whipped cream.
5. Flambe it with hot brandy
6. Serves 12 persons.